TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our Website is primarily meant to provide you with information about The Vitality Running World Cup. While we try to keep our Website up-to-date and accurate, we take no responsibility for any incorrect information on the Website.
We recommend you save and/or print a copy for your records. If you have any difficulty doing so, please email us at [email protected]
1) To take part in the free event “Vitality Running World Cup 2020” each participant needs to be aged 13+ and have registered their participation via one of the following routes
- Via the Vitality running world cup web application
- Via the Vitality running world cup mobile app
2) To qualify for a free digital goody bag each participant must have registered their email address with the Vitality running world cup here at runningworldcup.com or have registered via route a or b in point 1 and registered at least 3KM between the dates of 05.03.20 and 06.04.20 according to the relevant schedule of fixtures and rounds on the fixtures page at https://runningworldcup.com/fixtures-results/
3) For a run to count towards their country total in the Vitality Running World Cup, a participant must have registered this run via one of the following routes
- Via choosing a “run tracker” on the running world cup web application
- Via choosing a “run tracker” on the running world cup mobile app
4) All runs must be registered by the cut off period of that qualifying round (March 11th – 23:59pm GMT) or knockout stage (4 separate dates March – April) in order for it to count towards the countries total.
5) To register a qualifying run the run must be of 3km or more length in one activity with the pace of that run being of a pace faster than 10 min/km. This qualifies it as a running challenge vs a walking challenge.
7) The Vitality Running World Cup will run from the 5th March 2020 until the 6th April 2020
8) There are no prizes for individual runners, but all participants will receive a digital goody bag with offers, goods and services with a value of combined discounts of at least $100.
9) The Vitality Running World Cup will audit participation and any participation deemed to be fraudulent will be excluded from the country’s overall total
10) Your use of our app must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy detailed below.
(a) You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our Website will:
- stay the same as we might change or remove it or make access to it subject to registration or charges;
- be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
- be available all the time or at any specific time;
- be accurate and up to date; or
- be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly.
(b) You also acknowledge that:
- we cannot guarantee the speed or security of the Website; and
- we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to our Website to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Acceptable Use Policy
1) This Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing the use of our web services available via https://app.runningworldcup.com (the “Service”) and any content that you may submit to the Service (“Content”).
By using the Service, you agree to the rules set out in this Policy.
(2) General restrictions
You must not use the Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Service, or any of the areas of, or services on, the Service.
You must not use the Service:
(a) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or
(b) in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
(4) Unlawful and illegal material
You must not use the Service to store, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send Content that is illegal or unlawful, or that will or may infringe a third party’s legal rights, or that could give rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Content (and its publication on the Service) must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, trade mark rights, design rights, rights in passing off, or other intellectual property rights;
(d) infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy, or rights under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation; or
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
You must not submit any Content that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
(5) Data mining
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Service without our express written consent.
(6) Graphic material
Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit, or consist of or include explicit, graphic or gratuitous material of a sexual nature.
(7) Harmful software
You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any viruses, Trojans, worms, root kits, spyware, adware or any other harmful software, programs, routines, applications or technologies.
You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or introduce significant security risks to a computer.
(8) Factual accuracy
Content must not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
Statements of fact contained in the Content must be true; and statements of opinion contained on the Content must be truly held and where possible based upon facts that are true.
(9) Avoidance of advice
Content must not consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information that may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause:
(a) illness, injury or death; or
(b) any other loss or damage.
You must not use the Service to provide any legal, financial, investment, taxation, accountancy, medical or other professional advice or advisory services.
(10) Marketing and spam
Content must not constitute spam.
You must not use the Service to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Service to market, distribute or post chain letters, ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, matrix programs, “get rich quick” schemes or similar schemes, programs or materials.
You must not use the Service for any purpose related to gambling, gaming, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, prize competitions or any gambling-related activity without our express written permission.
(12) Fair play
You must not cheat when using the Service.
Content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
Content should not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
Do not flame or conduct flame wars on the Service (“flaming” is the sending of hostile messages intended to insult, in particular where the message is directed at a particular person or group of people).
Do not troll on the Service (“trolling” is the practice of deliberately upsetting or offending other users).
Content must not duplicate existing Content on the Service.
You must submit Content to the appropriate part of the Service.
Do not unnecessarily submit textual content in CAPITAL LETTERS.
You should use appropriate and informative titles for all Content.
You must at all times be courteous and polite to other Service users.
You must not link to any website or web page containing material that would, were it posted on the Service, breach the preceding terms of this Policy.
(15) Breaches of this Policy
We reserve the right to edit or remove any Content in our sole discretion for any reason, without notice or explanation.
Without prejudice to this general right and our other legal rights, if you breach this Policy in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Policy in any way, we may:
(a) delete or edit any of your Content;
(b) send you one or more formal warnings;
(c) temporarily suspend your access to a part or all of the Service; and/or
(d) permanently prohibit you from using a part or all of the Service.
(16) Banned users
Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Service or a part of the Service, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different account).
(17) Multiple accounts
You may not create multiple accounts for a single individual on this service.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this Policy, we do not actively monitor Content.
(19) Report abuse
If you become aware of any material on the Service that contravenes this Policy, please notify us by email.
Section 2: International Series Race Terms
- Participation is at your own risk
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken any necessary preparation and training to enter and participate in any race. Entry and participation in races is at your own risk. You warrant to us that you will be on the date of the race, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the race unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
- You will be required to confirm your acceptance of these terms and the disclaimer when entering each race.
- Race entry
- By entering a race you are agreeing to enter into the race and also agree to abide by these Race Terms as well as the General Terms and the terms set out on the relevant race entry page of the Web Site.
- Entries to races are non-transferable. Participation in the race is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the race.
- To enter a race you must be 13 years of age or older on the date of the race.
- Race entry closure is determined and announced when race participation reaches the stated capacity or a pre-set date. This will be stated on the Web Site entry page of the race in question.
- Race entry fees and cancellation
- You must pay the race entry fee at the time of entering the race.
- All race entry fees are non-refundable, and cannot be deferred towards a future race, nor can an entry be transferred from one race to another. You do not have a right to change your mind since the race entry fee is charged in return for our entering you into the race. Your entry is completed as soon as you have completed the race entry process.
- Race completion
- You will be treated as having completed the race if you submit the required evidence of your completion via the Vitality Running World Cup App. Any question as to whether sufficient evidence is provided will be determined solely at our discretion.
- We will send a race medals to each participant who provides the required evidence of completion in accordance with clause 4a). Medals are sent by post within a reasonable time of the deadline for completing the race to the address provided by you during the race entry process. It is your responsibility to ensure that your address and any other details are correct and we will not be responsible or liable to you if these details are incorrect.
- The deadline for completing each race and the submission of evidence in accordance with clause 4.1 is fixed and cannot be varied. If we do not receive your evidence by the date specified, you will not receive a medal and will not be included in the results section in our app or on our Web Site.
- Personal Information
- For the purposes of this section, personal information includes any data or information about you that is described as “personal data” and/or “sensitive personal data” in the Data Protection Act 1998 (which includes your name, photos, medical data and other information about you (“Personal Information”). References to our partners includes our sponsors, advertisers, charities and any other third parties with which we may work in connection with the operation of the Web Site and the organisation and promotion of races and virtual races.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the race.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our partners for the purposes of:
- the promotion and marketing of the race and the Web Site;
- adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities or future races:
- promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by us and/or our partners.
- If you would not like us or our partners to use the Personal Information other than for purposes related to you participation in the race, please email us.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part the lead up to the race and as part of the results of the race either for the race alone or combined with or compared to other races and events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation, age category, location, submitted times and photos.
- In particular in relation to photographs, you agree to the publication of such photographs and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to display on the Web Site or App and inclusion in other publications and publicity materials.