Our Website is primarily meant to provide you with information about The Running World Cup. While we try to keep our Website up-to-date and accurate, we take no responsibility for any incorrect information on the Website.
We recommend you save and/or print a copy for your records. If you have any difficulty doing so, please email us at [email protected]
1) To take part in the Running World Cup 2020 each participant needs to have registered their participation via one of the following routes
- Via the running world cup web application
- Via the running world cup mobile app
- Through a challenge hosted on a participating running app
2) To qualify for a free digital goody bag each participant must have registered their email address with the running world cup here at runningworldcup.com or have registered via route a or b in point 1 and registered at least 3KM between the dates of 05.03.20 and 12.03.20
3) For a run to count towards their country total in the running world cup, a participant must have registered this run via one of the following routes
- Via choosing a “run tracker” on the running world cup web application
- Via choosing a “run tracker” on the running world cup mobile app
- By uploading their runs at the relevant time to the challenge on a chosen participating running app
4) All runs must be registered by the cut off period of that qualifying round or knockout stage in order for it to count towards the countries total
5) To register a qualifying run the run must be of 3k or more length in one activity and take less than 30 minutes for it to be completed. This qualifies it as a running challenge vs a walking challenge.
7) The running World Cup will run from the 05.03.20 to the 06.04.20
8) There are no prizes for individual runners, but all participants will receive a digital goody bag with offers, goods and services up to the value of £150 and a digital participants medal via email upon completion
9) The Running World Cup will audit participation and any participation deemed to be fraudulent will be excluded from the country’s overall total
10) Your use of our app must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy detailed below.
(a) You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our Website will:
- stay the same as we might change or remove it or make access to it subject to registration or charges;
- be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
- be available all the time or at any specific time;
- be accurate and up to date; or
- be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly.
(b) You also acknowledge that:
- we cannot guarantee the speed or security of the Website; and
- we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to our Website to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Acceptable Use Policy
1) This Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing the use of our web services available via https://app.runningworldcup.com (the “Service”) and any content that you may submit to the Service (“Content”).
By using the Service, you agree to the rules set out in this Policy.
(2) General restrictions
You must not use the Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Service, or any of the areas of, or services on, the Service.
You must not use the Service:
(a) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or
(b) in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
(4) Unlawful and illegal material
You must not use the Service to store, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send Content that is illegal or unlawful, or that will or may infringe a third party’s legal rights, or that could give rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Content (and its publication on the Service) must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, trade mark rights, design rights, rights in passing off, or other intellectual property rights;
(d) infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy, or rights under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation; or
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
You must not submit any Content that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
(5) Data mining
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Service without our express written consent.
(6) Graphic material
Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit, or consist of or include explicit, graphic or gratuitous material of a sexual nature.
(7) Harmful software
You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any viruses, Trojans, worms, root kits, spyware, adware or any other harmful software, programs, routines, applications or technologies.
You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or introduce significant security risks to a computer.
(8) Factual accuracy
Content must not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
Statements of fact contained in the Content must be true; and statements of opinion contained on the Content must be truly held and where possible based upon facts that are true.
(9) Avoidance of advice
Content must not consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information that may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause:
(a) illness, injury or death; or
(b) any other loss or damage.
You must not use the Service to provide any legal, financial, investment, taxation, accountancy, medical or other professional advice or advisory services.
(10) Marketing and spam
Content must not constitute spam.
You must not use the Service to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Service to market, distribute or post chain letters, ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, matrix programs, “get rich quick” schemes or similar schemes, programs or materials.
You must not use the Service for any purpose related to gambling, gaming, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, prize competitions or any gambling-related activity without our express written permission.
(12) Fair play
You must not cheat when using the Service.
Content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
Content should not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
Do not flame or conduct flame wars on the Service (“flaming” is the sending hostile messages intended to insult, in particular where the message is directed at a particular person or group of people).
Do not troll on the Service (“trolling” is the practice of deliberately upsetting or offending other users).
Content must not duplicate existing Content on the Service.
You must submit Content to the appropriate part of the Service.
Do not unnecessarily submit textual content in CAPITAL LETTERS.
You should use appropriate and informative titles for all Content.
You must at all times be courteous and polite to other Service users.
You must not link to any website or web page containing material that would, were it posted on the Service, breach the preceding terms of this Policy.
(15) Breaches of this Policy
We reserve the right to edit or remove any Content in our sole discretion for any reason, without notice or explanation.
Without prejudice to this general right and our other legal rights, if you breach this Policy in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Policy in any way, we may:
(a) delete or edit any of your Content;
(b) send you one or more formal warnings;
(c) temporarily suspend your access to a part or all of the Service; and/or
(d) permanently prohibit you from using a part or all of the Service.
(16) Banned users
Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Service or a part of the Service, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different account).
(17) Multiple accounts
You may not create multiple accounts for a single individual on this service.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this Policy, we do not actively monitor Content.
(19) Report abuse
If you become aware of any material on the Service that contravenes this Policy, please notify us by email.