2021 TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our website is primarily meant to provide you with information about The Vitality Running World Cup. While we try to keep our website up to date, we take no responsibility for any incorrect information on the website.
We recommend you save and/or print a copy of the terms & conditions for your records. If you have any difficulty doing so, please email us at [email protected]
1) To take part in the free event “Vitality Running World Cup 2021” each participant needs to be aged 13yrs+ and have registered their participation via one of the following routes:
- A) Via the Vitality Running World Cup mobile app
- B) Via the Vitality Running World Cup web application
2) To qualify for a free digital goody bag each participant must have registered their email address with the Vitality Running World Cup here at runningworldcup.com or have registered via route A or B in point 1 and registered at least 3KM between the dates of 21.09.21 and 26.09.21 according to the relevant schedule of fixtures and rounds on our webiste
3) For a run to count towards their country’s total in the Vitality Running World Cup, a participant must have registered this run via one of the following routes:
- A) Via choosing a “run tracker” on the Vitality Running World Cup mobile app
- B) Via choosing a “run tracker” on the Vitality Running World Cup web application
4) All runs must be registered by the last day of the Qualifying Round (September 26th – 23:59pm GMT) or the last days of the Round of 16 and Finals (2 separate dates Sept – Oct) in order for it to count towards the country’s total.
5) To register a qualifying run the run must be a minimum of 3Km within 30 minutes in one activity. This qualifies it as a running challenge vs a walking challenge.
7) The Vitality Running World Cup 2021 tournament will run from the 21 September 2021 – 10th October 2021.
8) There are no prizes for individual runners, but all participants will receive a digital goody bag with offers, goods, and services with a value of combined discounts of at least $200 if they complete a qualifying run (3Km within 30 minutes) during the event dates.
9) The Vitality Running World Cup will audit participation and any participation deemed to be fraudulent will be excluded from the country’s overall total.
10) Your use of our app must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy detailed below.
(A) You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our website will:
- Stay the same, as we might have to up-date, remove, or make access to it subject to registration or charges.
- Be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use.
- Be available all the time or at any specific time.
- Be accurate and up to date.
- Be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly.
(B) You also acknowledge that:
- We cannot guarantee the speed or security of the Website.
- We will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to our website to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Acceptable Use Policy.
1) This Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing the use of our web services available via https://app.runningworldcup.com (the “Service”) and any content that you may submit to the Service (“Content”).
By using the Service, you agree to the rules set out in this Policy.
(2) General Restrictions
You must not use the Service in any way that causes damage to the Service or impairment of the availability. Causes damage to accessibility of the Service, or any of the areas or services on the Service.
You must not use the Service:
(A) In any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful.
(B) In connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
(4) Unlawful and Illegal Material
You must not use the Service to store, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send content that is illegal or unlawful, or that will or may infringe a third party’s legal rights, or that could give rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Content (and its publication on the Service) must not:
(A) Be libellous or maliciously false.
(B) Be obscene or indecent.
(C) Infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, trademark rights, design rights, rights in passing off, or other intellectual property rights.
(D) Infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy, or rights under data protection legislation.
(E) Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement.
(F) Constitute an incitement to commit a crime.
(G) Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order.
(H) Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation.
(I) Be blasphemous.
(J) Be in breach of official secrets legislation.
(K) Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
You must not submit any content that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
(5) Data Mining
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Service without our express written consent.
(6) Graphic Material
- Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
- Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit, or consist of or include explicit, graphic, or gratuitous material of a sexual nature.
(7) Harmful Software
- You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any viruses, Trojans, worms, root kits, spyware, adware or any other harmful software, programs, routines, applications, or technologies.
- You must not use the Service to promote or distribute any software, programs, routines, applications, or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or introduce significant security risks to a computer.
(8) Factual Accuracy
- Content must not be untrue, false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Statements of fact contained in the Content must be true; and statements of opinion contained on the Content must be truly held and where possible based upon facts that are true.
(9) Avoidance of Advice
Content must not consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information that may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause:
(A) Illness, injury, or death; or
(B) Any other loss or damage.
You must not use the Service to provide any legal, financial, investment, taxation, accountancy, medical or other professional advice or advisory services.
(10) Marketing and Spam
- Content must not constitute spam.
- You must not use the Service to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use the Service to market, distribute or post chain letters, Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, matrix programs, “get rich quick” schemes or similar schemes, programs, or materials.
You must not use the Service for any purpose related to gambling, gaming, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, prize competitions or any gambling-related activity without our express written permission.
(12) Fair Play
You must not cheat when using the Service.
- Content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
- Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, menacing, hateful, discriminatory, or inflammatory.
- Content should not cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- Do not flame or conduct flame wars on the Service (“flaming” is the sending of hostile messages intended to insult, where the message is directed at a particular person or group of people).
- Do not troll on the Service (“trolling” is the practice of deliberately upsetting or offending other users).
- Content must not duplicate existing content on the Service.
- You must submit content to the appropriate part of the Service.
- Do not unnecessarily submit textual content in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- You should use appropriate and informative titles for all content.
- You must always, be courteous and polite to other Service users.
You must not link to any website or web page containing material that would, were it posted on the Service, breach the preceding terms of this Policy.
(15) Breaches of this Policy
We reserve the right to edit or remove any content in our sole discretion for any reason, without notice or explanation.
Without prejudice to this general right and our other legal rights, if you breach this Policy in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Policy, we may:
(A) Delete or edit any of your content.
(B) Send you one or more formal warnings.
(C) Temporarily suspend your access to a part or all of the Service.
(D) Permanently prohibit you from using a part or all of the Service.
(16) Banned users
Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Service or a part of the Service, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different account).
(17) Multiple Accounts
You cannot create multiple accounts for a single individual on this service.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this Policy, we do not actively monitor content.
(19) Report Abuse
If you become aware of any material on the Service that contravenes this Policy, please notify us by email. [email protected]
Section 2: Tournament Terms
- Participation is at your own risk.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken any necessary preparation and training to enter and participate in any tournament. Entry and participation in tournament is at your own risk. You warrant to us that you will be on the date of the tournament, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt, we recommend that you seek medical advice.
- You will be required to confirm your acceptance of these terms and the disclaimer when entering each race.
- By entering a tournament, you are agreeing to enter into the tournament and agree to abide by these Tournament Terms, as well as the General Terms and the terms set out on the relevant tournament entry page of the Website.
- Entries to tournaments are non-transferable. Participation in the tournament is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling, or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the tournament.
- To enter a tournament, you must be 13yrs of age or older on the first day of the tournament.
- You will be treated as having completed the tournament if you submit the required evidence of your completion via the Vitality Running World Cup App. Any question as to whether sufficient evidence is provided will be determined solely at our discretion.
- The deadline for completing each tournament and the submission of evidence in accordance with clause 4) in Terms and Conditions (at the top of this page) is fixed and cannot be varied. If we do not receive your evidence by the date specified, you will not be included in the results section in our app or on our Website.
- For the purposes of this section, personal information includes any data or information about you that is described as “personal data” and/or “sensitive personal data” in the Data Protection Act 1998 (which includes your name, photos, medical data, and other information about you (“Personal Information”). References to our partners includes our sponsors, advertisers, charities and any other third parties with which we may work in connection with the operation of the Website and the organisation and promotion of tournaments and virtual races.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the race.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
You agree that your name, image, and contact details can be used by us and our partners for the purposes of:
- The promotion and marketing of the race and the Website.
- Adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities or future races:
- Promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community-based activities organised by us and/or our partners.
If you would not like us or our partners to use the Personal Information other than for purposes related to your participation in the tournament, please email us. [email protected]
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the lead up to the tournament and as part of the results of the tournament either for the tournament alone, combined with or compared to other tournaments, races, and events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, running times, occupation, age category, location, submitted times and photos.
- In relation to photographs – you agree to the publication of such photographs and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including, but not limited to, display on the Website or App and inclusion in other publications and publicity materials.